Take your first steps to improve your self-esteem with my personal techniques and affirmations to help you become a more confident person the inside and out.
Never underestimate the power of words. What you say will manifest in your life, and that’s why affirmations are so powerful.
Repeating a short, positive affirmation to yourself every day can change the outlook of your life.
We’ve rounded up 65 of the best self-love affirmations for you to choose from, so keep reading!
Why are self love affirmations so powerful?
Affirmations are meant to rewire your subconscious mind.
Your thoughts control your actions.
If you’re constantly beating yourself up, it’ll show in the way how you carry yourself and how you interact with people.
But, if you constantly encourage and speak kindly to yourself, it’ll show on the outside. Your friends, family, and coworkers will notice the “glow” surrounding you.
The confidence will emit from your body to the point other people around you will notice.
That’s something I’ve dreamed of having, and my dreams started coming true once I made repeating affirmations to myself a priority.
How self love affirmations helped my self-esteem
As a teen, I struggled to accept myself for who I was. I was constantly belittling myself and uncomfortable in my own skin. You could say that I was my own worst enemy at that point.
In my freshman year of college, I discovered The Self-Love Experiment: Fifteen Principles for Becoming More Kind, Compassionate, and Accepting of Yourself.
The first step to improving your self-esteem is to believe that you are worthy of feeling good about yourself.
How you look on the outside will not change how you feel on the inside. This book taught me how to believe in myself first.
Once you start to believe, you can start to learn how to accept the parts of yourself that you have struggled to love. Repeating self-love affirmations throughout your entire journey will train your brain to defeat negative thoughts.
You will fall into the habit of thinking highly of yourself until it becomes natural.
How I include self love affirmations into my daily life
Every morning, I thank God for opening my eyes and blessing me with another day. Then, I repeat 2 to 3 positive affirmations that I’ve memorized out loud.
I speak my affirmations aloud so I can hear them and allow the words to permeate my subconscious mind. This helps me get out of bed and get my day started.
All day long, I silently repeat the positive affirmations in my head whenever I need a reminder to keep my head up.
I also keep an affirmation journal. It’s a regular journal where I write positive statements to myself and express my gratitude.
Seeing is believing. Keeping an affirmation journal is just another way to let the positive words saturate my subconscious mind and improve the quality of my thoughts.
Listed below are 60+ self-love affirmations you can jot down in your affirmation journal or say to yourself every day.
60+ Self Love Affirmations That Will Change Your Life
- I believe in myself.
- My mind is strong.
- I deserve to be loved and appreciated.
- I forgive myself.
- I am worthy of my dreams.
- I am doing the best that I can.
- I will achieve my goals.
- I deserve peace.
- My possibilities are endless.
- I am attractive.
- I am enough.
- My imperfections do not define me.
- I am becoming healthier each day.
- I am talented and creative.
- I will look after myself.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I am capable of overcoming hard times.
- My opinion matters.
- My life is full of good days.
- People gravitate towards me.
- People treat me with respect and loyalty.
- My goals are within my reach.
- I have a lot to offer this world.
- My potential is limitless.
- I allow myself to heal from past traumas.
- I can move past any obstacle that tries to stand in my way.
- My beauty is undeniable.
- My body is healthy and strong.
- I am capable of learning new skills at any stage of life.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- I am confident in my skills.
- I let go of what I can not change.
- I have everything I need to be successful.
- I attract positive people into my life.
- I deserve to be happy.
- I am unstoppable.
- I will make myself proud.
- I am cared for by others.
- I am more than my circumstances.
- I am filled with confidence.
- What I think about myself is all that matters.
- My future is filled with new opportunities to progress in my career and life.
- Today I will do something great.
- I will not let myself fail.
- I will follow my heart.
- I am here for a reason.
- I will fulfill my life’s purpose.
- I am the author of my story.
- I embrace change.
- I have the power to control my thoughts.
- My body is a work of art.
- I love my body and everything it does for me.
- My hair texture is beautiful.
- My skin color is beautiful.
- My facial features are beautiful.
- I am prosperous.
- I will put myself first.
- I will nurture my mind, body, and soul.
- I am worthy of all of the blessings coming my way.
- I accept myself for who I truly am.
- I am a good person with a lot to offer.
- My heart is healing.
- There are no limits to what I can achieve.
- I am getting stronger every day.
- I am worthy of good things.
- My journey is unique.
- I matter.
- I am whole.
Self-love affirmations will change your entire outlook on your life. I hope this article was helpful to you. Start your self-love journey with these affirmations!
Let me know if you have any questions or post some of your favorite affirmations in the comment section below.