How To Get Rid of Fupa: 19 Easy Ways To Get Rid of the Pooch
Does your stomach hang over your jeans? Some call it a fupa, while some call it a lower belly “pooch” or “pouch”. No matter what you call it, lower belly fat can cause you to feel insecure about your weight. Plus, it has a tendency to stick out from the rest of your body, so it becomes extra noticeable and hard to hide in your clothes. With the summer season coming around fast, it’s time to lose the pooch and start looking good and feeling good in your own skin. To get rid of your lower belly fat, you first need to figure out what could have caused you to gain weight in that area. Then, you need to learn how to stop gaining more weight in your lower belly region by changing your lifestyle and eating habits. Lastly, take a look at some new workouts that are guaranteed to get rid of a fupa and burn fat all over your body. If you want to learn about all of these steps and more, then keep reading for the best tips on how to get rid of a fupa.
This post may contain affiliate links.
5 Reasons Why You Gain Weight In Your Lower Belly – How To Get Rid of Fupa
- You’re under a lot of stress – Stress is not good for the body, but it’s inevitable. As adults, we all encounter stressful situations. Our jobs can stress us out, taking care of children can cause stress, dealing with financial problems, and a multitude of other problems in our life can put us under a ton of stress. When you are under a ton of stress, you are more likely to eat more as a way to deal with your stress. Comfort eating caused by stress will lead to gaining weight, especially in your lower belly region.
- You have a poor diet – The reason why you have a fupa could be because you have a poor diet and constantly consume foods that cause you to gain weight. Greasy fast food, salty snacks, and sugary beverages all have one thing in common: they are extremely unhealthy and fattening. Plus, these bad foods will make your metabolism slower and keep your body from burning fat. When you’ve grown accustomed to eating bad foods, it can be a hard habit to break. But the faster you let go of the potato chips and sodas, the faster you will start to lose weight in your lower belly.
- You’re not getting enough exercise – In order to lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you consume. The only way to burn calories is to get active. Take the dog for a walk around the neighborhood, take the stairs more often, or ride a bike to work. No matter what you do, the amount of exercise you get every day will have a huge impact on how fast you get rid of your fupa.
- It could be your hormones – Women go through a lot of hormonal changes over their lifetime. From monthly periods to menopause, our hormones play a huge role in our weight gain. If you think your hormones are the cause of your lower stomach weight gain, consult with your doctor.
- You’re not getting enough sleep – Sleep is something that you can not skimp on. Not getting enough sleep can cause you to feel irritable and it can negatively impact your judgment. Plus, suffering from a poor night’s rest can make you eat snacks and drink energy drinks loaded with sugar to keep you awake.
How To Prevent Gaining Weight In Your Lower Belly – How To Get Rid of Fupa
- Eat more protein – High protein foods are going to be your best weapon to fight lower belly fat. Increase your consumption of high protein foods such as eggs, salmon, oats, almonds, tuna, and sugar-free greek yogurt. Eating foods that are rich in protein will make you feel full faster and increase your metabolism.
- Eat low carbs – If you want to get rid of your fupa, reduce your consumption of carbohydrates. Stay away from refined carbs like white bread, soda, sweet pastries, and other processed foods. Carbohydrates can lurk in many food condiments, like salad dressing, so be sure to always read food labels thoroughly.
- Eat foods rich in fiber – Fiber-rich foods have been shown to fill you up faster, which will prevent you from overeating or eating foods that are unhealthy. Lentils, avocadoes, split peas, artichoke, and raspberries are fiber-rich foods that will curb your appetite and blast away belly fat.
- Lower your alcohol intake – After a long day at work, we all look forward to winding down with a tall glass of wine or a nice cold beer, whatever you prefer. But, drinking too much alcohol will cause you to gain weight in the stomach area. To keep from gaining more weight in your lower belly, you need to lower your alcohol intake.
- Get 8 hours of sleep every night – Turn off the TV and put down your phone. Make sure you are getting a good night’s rest every single night so you can focus in the morning.
- Exercise, exercise, and exercise – You have to get active if you want to get rid of your fupa. Burn more calories than you eat and move as much as possible.
Foods To Eat To Burn Belly Fat – How to Get Rid Of Fupa
High Protein foods
- Sugar-free Greek Yogurt
- Chia Seeds
How Teens Can Lose Belly Fat
- Manage or reduce stress – From completing homework to participating in extracurricular activities, teenagers can become overwhelmed from dealing with school, keeping up with their classmates, and just life in general. Most teenagers are ashamed to admit that they are stressed, so make sure that you communicate with them daily. Help them find new ways to manage their stress and lose weight.
- Limit sweets – Pastries and sodas are loaded with sugar and carbohydrates. If you’re a parent of a teenager, monitor the foods they eat. Keep the kitchen stocked with healthy snack options to keep them from eating too many unhealthy snacks.
- Drink more water – Teenagers are more prone to drink sodas, energy drinks, and fruit juices if they see their friends drinking them. The bad thing about this is that most of those beverages are filled with sugar and can lead to weight gain in the lower belly region. Encourage your teen to drink more water as it will help them lose weight and keep their skin clear.
- Become more active – Limit the amount of time you allow your teenager to watch TV or play video games. Watching too much TV can lead to overeating and constantly sitting down will cause their body to burn fewer calories than they consume. Encourage your teenagers to get moving every day!
- Encourage them to eat healthily – Teenagers learn from their parents. If you allow your teens to continuously eat unhealthy food, then they will continue to gain weight. If you encourage your teens to eat healthy foods, they will start to lose weight. Encourage them to be healthy so they can grow into healthy adults.
2 Workout Videos To Help Get Rid of Fupa
If you want to get rid of your fupa, you need to get active. These are workout routines that will specifically target the lower stomach area so you can get fast results! Here are a few workout videos you can look at to get started with your weight loss journey.
Best 10 Minute Lower Abs Workout Routine | Chloe Ting
If you want to get rid of your fupa, then this workout routine video is for you. This 10-minute exercise routine will specifically target your lower belly fat, and it’ll help you tone your lower belly as well.
Lose Belly Fat in 10 Days | Lilly Sabri
Short on time? This 8-minute lower belly workout will hit all of the right places at the right time to help you get rid of your fupa fast! You have to try this home workout today.
Losing belly fat isn’t the easiest thing to do, but if you get started today, you’ll start to see results fast. The more self-disciplined you are to stick to a high-protein, high-fiber, and low carb diet, the better your body will look in a short amount of time.